Do you want to join us in building something new at the intersection of food and technology to help advance the restaurant industry and connect everybody with their favorite meals?
Then Kitch might just be the right thing for you!
Kitch is a venture-backed firm that is on a mission to empower restaurants to own their deliveries.
Food delivery is a growing part of our routines. It’s easy, convenient, and there are more and more restaurants available. And the current global pandemic has contributed to further accelerate this trend. However, not everything is perfect. Most restaurants and food businesses wanting to capture the delivery opportunity often have to choose between the steep costs of selling through delivery marketplace apps, and the complexity of setting up and running their own delivery operations.
Kitch is here to fix this. We are a technology company that builds the platform for restaurants of all sizes to own and to make the most of their online deliveries, regardless of the channels they use, while providing the highest standard of experiences to their customers. This means that we want restaurants to take back control of their deliveries: maximizing their delivery sales, gaining back the relationship with their customers, letting go of the complexity of doing delivery over multiple channels, and reducing their costs.
There is much to do, many things to build, and we are literally just getting started. This is a ground-floor opportunity to join a startup in a fast-growth space in a seed stage. We are a Lisbon-based startup and our team is composed of former executives at major tech, food-delivery, and food & beverage companies and brands internationally, with extensive startup and strategy consulting experience. We are looking to grow and develop by attracting extraordinary people with outstanding talent.
- You’re an awesome person, passionate about solving problems, and a firm believer that features and products are means to an end, not the end itself. You only stop when the “pain” is gone, not when the product is live, and you embrace the maximum “shipping is the beginning, not the end”.
- You’ve been shipping products for at least 5 years as a product manager, and you led roadmaps on your own. Ideally you’re on a track for Senior or Lead PM, and you’re seen as an up-and-coming rockstar product operator within your organisation You might also have founder experience, or have participated in the inception of a company.
- You’ve worked in agile in a fast-paced, chaotic environment of tech or startup for more than 5 years. You’re used to teams who ship fast, release daily, and iterate continuously.
- You have a particular love for customer discovery, gathering operational feedback, getting data from stakeholders, and mixing everything into an actionable plan. You’re also capable of explaining this action-plan to everyone who will be impacted by it.
- You’re extremely organised, and thrive in chaos. You’re good at slicing problems in bits and bytes, and designing an action plan to solve it. You know how to leverage your relationship with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales to get things done.
- Communication is by far your strongest skill, independently of whom you’re communicating to. You have a talent to make complex things feel simple. You also have enough technical knowledge on software products to talk with engineers, designers and data scientists.
- You’re optimistic by default, and you get teams pumped and motivated. Your past colleagues refer to you as “the person who got things done”, or “the person who under promises and over delivers”. You understand that empathy is everything, and you’re trusted by peers and managers.
- You have a fast learning speed, with incessant curiosity. You do whatever it takes to make the product (team and company) successful, from writing a QA plan, to querying a database and understanding why there’s an error alert.
- Finally, but not least importantly, you have a great attitude, are a team player and you look to grow not just as a Product Manager, but as a builder that shapes as much of our process as our culture.
In this role you will…
- Tackle really hard problems to help restaurants focus on what they love: making amazing food.
- Gather and organise user research, stakeholder feedback, product data and shepherd the team’s vision for the product.
- Work across the journey of each feature and product. From research to scoping, from working closely with design to testing and releasing. Our product managers are full-stack magicians.
- Lead product discussions, validate hypothesis and potential scopes, and organise an action plan to get things done.
- Work within our product, engineering and design group, defining both long-term strategy and short-term roadmaps for all Kitch products.
- Participate in product reviews and present your work regularly with the company at large.