Do you want to join us in building something new at the intersection of food and technology to help advance the restaurant industry and connect everybody with their favorite meals?
Then Kitch might just be the right thing for you!
Kitch is a venture-backed firm that is on a mission to empower restaurants to own their deliveries.
Food delivery is a growing part of our routines. It’s easy, convenient, and there are more and more restaurants available. And the current global pandemic has contributed to further accelerate this trend. However, not everything is perfect. Most restaurants and food businesses wanting to capture the delivery opportunity often have to choose between the steep costs of selling through delivery marketplace apps, and the complexity of setting up and running their own delivery operations.
Kitch is here to fix this. We are a technology company that builds the platform for restaurants of all sizes to own and to make the most of their online deliveries, regardless of the channels they use, while providing the highest standard of experiences to their customers. This means that we want restaurants to take back control of their deliveries: maximizing their delivery sales, gaining back the relationship with their customers, letting go of the complexity of doing delivery over multiple channels, and reducing their costs.
There is much to do, many things to build, and we are literally just getting started. This is a ground-floor opportunity to join a startup in a fast-growth space in a seed stage. We are a Lisbon-based startup and our team is composed of former executives at major tech, food-delivery, and food & beverage companies and brands internationally, with extensive startup and strategy consulting experience. We are looking to grow and develop by attracting extraordinary people with outstanding talent.
- You are an awesome person, passionate about designing new features and products. Doing it in a fast paced environment and working with an agile team is not a problem, as you’ve done this for at least 5 years. As a bonus, you’ve experienced what product design is at a chaotic environment of a startup.
- Your day-to-day is a mix of user research, designing experiences that solve problems and following up closely with engineering and product management to ship what needs to be shipped. You’re used to communicating proactively, and managing expectations comes naturally to you.
- You have a particular love for customer discovery, gathering operational feedback, getting data from stakeholders, and mixing everything into an actionable plan. You’re also capable of explaining this action-plan to everyone who will be impacted by it. When tackling a new feature, you think from first principles, but you also research how others solve similar problems, so you don’t reinvent the wheel.
- You push the team to think differently. You realize your own care for details is what delights users, but you’re also able to balance pixel-obsession with “done is better than perfect”, and know when to invest in either. Finally, you embrace continuous iteration and breathe the maximum “shipping is the beginning, not the end”.
- Finally, but not least importantly, you have a great attitude, and you’re a team player who loves to work and grow with other product designers. You’re looking for a place where you can not only shape the product, but also the culture.
In this role, you will…
- Tackle really hard problems through thoughtful design, helping restaurants focus on what they love: making amazing food.
- Work across the journey of each feature, from research to scoping, wireframing to UI, testing to releasing. Our product designers are full-stack magicians.
- Participate in product discussions, validating hypothesis and potential scopes, before doing a single design exploration.
- Gather and organise user research, stakeholder feedback, product data and our own team’s vision for the product, to inform your own work.
- Collaborate with other product designers to push your own UI skill set, UX process and aesthetic vision.
- Design within a wide scope, from tactical, narrowly defined issues, to broadly, strategic initiatives.
- Work within our product, engineering and design group, defining both long-term strategy and short-term roadmaps for all Kitch products.
- Participate in product reviews and present your work regularly with the company at large.