Do you want to join us in building something new at the intersection of food and technology to help advance the restaurant industry and connect everybody with their favorite meals?
Then Kitch might just be the right thing for you!
Kitch is a venture-backed firm that is on a mission to empower restaurants to own their deliveries.
Food delivery is a growing part of our routines. It’s easy, convenient, and there are more and more restaurants available. And the current global pandemic has contributed to further accelerate this trend. However, not everything is perfect. Most restaurants and food businesses wanting to capture the delivery opportunity often have to choose between the steep costs of selling through delivery marketplace apps, and the complexity of setting up and running their own delivery operations.
Kitch is here to fix this. We are a technology company that builds the platform for restaurants of all sizes to own and to make the most of their online deliveries, regardless of the channels they use, while providing the highest standard of experiences to their customers. This means that we want restaurants to take back control of their deliveries: maximizing their delivery sales, gaining back the relationship with their customers, letting go of the complexity of doing delivery over multiple channels, and reducing their costs.
There is much to do, many things to build, and we are literally just getting started. This is a ground-floor opportunity to join a startup in a fast-growth space in a seed stage. We are a Lisbon-based startup and our team is composed of former executives at major tech, food-delivery, and food & beverage companies and brands internationally, with extensive startup and strategy consulting experience. We are looking to grow and develop by attracting extraordinary people with outstanding talent.
- You’re an awesome person, passionate about solving problems through code, and a firm believer that features and products are means to an end, not the end itself. You only stop when the “pain” is gone, not when the product is live, and every function you write is one step closer to that reality.
- You’ve been building software and products for at least 2 years as a software engineer. In your past, you've participated in the development of features end-to-end. You have extreme positive feedback from peers and managers, and they see you as a high-potential engineer.
- You're comfortable with some of the languages and frameworks of our stack (NodeJS, Express, Next, React Native, Angular, PostgreSQL, AWS), but most importantly, you have a fast learning speed, with incessant curiosity.
- You either worked in agile in a fast-paced, chaotic environment for at least 1 year. You understand what means “ship fast, release daily, and iterate continuously”. You also understand that great code needs thorough reviews, proper feedback and consistent monitoring and improving, and as a bonus, you've participated in this process with previous teams.
- Finally, but not least importantly, you have a great attitude, are a team player and you look to grow not just as an Engineer, but as a builder that shapes as much of our codebase as our culture.
In this role you will…
- Tackle really hard problems to help restaurants focus on what they love: making amazing food.
- Build high-quality software, both from scratch but also iterating on the existing codebase to delivery functional, beautiful solutions to our users.
- Work alongside an experienced team while contributing across our codebase and product suite, end-to-end, and track success of your implementation alongside product.
- Eventually own functionalities as a Feature Lead, shaping our product roadmap and helping us learn what works and what doesn't.
- Participate in product reviews and present your work regularly with the company at large.
About the Product, Engineering and Design culture at Kitch
- We're building a team of people that are “Product” first. Engineers build product, not software. Designers build product, not UI or UX. PMs build product, not management. Everyone in our team builds, owns and breathes the product.
- We're fostering a culture of feature leads, where anyone in the engineering group can lead a functionality or epic of features, independently of their experience. FL help PMs translate scopes into architectures, lead feature kickoffs and plannings, organize issue tracking and manage the delivery. You'll be a lead amongst peers, and a peer amongst leaders.
- Our product managers are full-stack and do whatever it takes to get the problem solved. If that means writing stories, helping QA or demo the product to the client, so be it.
- Our design team owns features end-to-end, and begin with questions, not with Figma. Research is a fundamental pilar of every Product Designer in our team, and they are in charge of bridging context to the company at large.
- Quality is a mindset, and starts on the first word on a product story, the first line of code and the first wireframe. It's embedded across the process, not a step of the process.
- Communication flow is everything, and context trumps rules. All our channels are open, and enabling content from and to the team is everyone's responsibilities. We trust in people to make their own decisions, and manage their products as if they were it's own CEO and customer.